Selling oil and gas royalties can be an overwhelming process, Klamath is here to help. See our tips to follow to get the maximum value out of selling your oil royalties:
- Don’t make hasty decisions – people often make the mistake of rushing a sale as soon as someone becomes interested. Take your time, weigh your options, and survey several offers before deciding who to sell to.
- Understand the Value of Your Royalties – the most important thing is to understand the value of your royalties before you sell them, in order to get your ultimate return of investment.
- Beware of Bad Buyers – Sadly, people are out to scheme and take advantage of uneducated sellers so beware of buyers that present really low offers, give you little time to decide, or if they want a really slow closing.
- Taxes – Make sure to consult your accountant because selling royalties can have tax consequences, this will help you to avoid overpaying in taxes.
- Timing of Sale – the price of oil and gas is constantly changing, so the timing of your sale will impact how much you receive.
If you have any questions or concerns on selling, Klamath Oil can help, contact them today!
- 1 Apr, 2016
- 0 Comments